Sunday, January 26, 2020

Genre Research: different genres

Hey ya'll,
      So today I'll be telling you about two different genres and in my next blog I will tell you which genre I will I will be using to film. So the two the two genres I will be explaining are hip hop and drama. I will be explaining the CAMS, CLAMPS, the common editing, common sound, elements of the genre, types of films in the genre, and the elements that I like and dislike. All my film examples will be within the last 7 years.
    We're going to start off with the hip hop. We're gonna start with the CAMS, the common types of shots used are:
1. Long shots
2. Wide/Establishing shots
3. Mid shots
4. Medium close up
5. Close up
6. Extreme close up
7. Over the shoulder
8. Cut in
The common CLAMPS are:
For costumes it's very simple common wear that you'd wear everyday or athletic wear such as leggings and a flannel. Lighting is usually either natural or artificial lighting if in a studio. Make up if any is very natural and minimal. Props are simply water bottles, a speaker and a phone. Setting is a studio or any open space.
Common Editing is:
1. Jump cuts
2. Cross cutting
3. Stylizing
The common sound is:
1. Diegetic
2. Non- Diegetic
3. Parallel Sound (when the music matches the mood of the scene)
The types of elements in this genre are:
1. Rapping
2. DJing
3. Graffiti on the walls
4. Freestyle dancing
5. Choreographed dancing
6. Stepping
Common films in this genre are: I will be using two of these in soon coming blogs.
1. Step Sisters (2018)
2. Honey: Rise up and Dance (2018)
3. Battle of the year (2013)
Elements that I like:
I like the passion that is shown for dance and how many people in the films strive and push themselves sometimes to prove a point other times to prove to themselves that they can do it. I also enjoy the music and the types of lighting used in more extravent films such as Honey: Rise up and dance.
Elements I dislike:
With this genre there's not much I really dislike as someone who is passionate about dance.
Our next Genre is Drama!
Common CAMS:
Shots:
1. Close up
2. Shot reverse shot
3. Pov
3. Establishing shot
4. Over the shoulder
Movement:
1. Tracking
2. Handheld movements
3. Eye line match
Angles:
1. High angle
2. Eye- line
Common CLAMPS:
Costumes:
Highly reflect the characters personality (troubled characters typically wear black).
Lighting:
1. Neutral Tones
2. Low key lighting
Actors/Characters:
1. Develop throughout the film
2. Main character facing some type of struggle
3. Relatable
Make up:
Natural
Props:
Reflective of Characters
Setting:
Often reflects the mood of the scene or type of scene.
Common Editing:
1. Face paced editing
2. Jump cuts
3. Inserts
Common Sound:
1. Non- Diegetic (emotional or suspenseful music)
2. Diegetic Dialouge
3. Non- Diegetic (voice overs)
Elements in the genre:
1. Realistic situations (Emotional Response)
2. Social issues explored
3. Forms a realization at some point
Films in the genre:
1. The lost city (2016)
2. La La Land (2016)
3. Spiderman: Homecoming (2017)
Elements I like:
I like how relatable everything is and how you feel like you yourself are in the film feeling the emotions.
Elements I dislike:
I dislike how in some films there are stereotypes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and institutions essay

                Hello everyone, today I will be talking about a wide range of topics that cover audience and institutions. Before I begin,...