Friday, January 31, 2020

Title Research: Saturday Night Fever

Yes, me again I promise I'll be done soon so we all can get back to our happy sleeping schedule.
So this blog I'll be watching the title sequence of Saturday Night Fever (from Art of the Title). In this sequence there were 19 titles. First of course being the company who produced the film, the actors, choreographers, costume design, producers, directors, and the director. The focus image point was the city (NYC), the whole sequence started off by showing the city directly before even showing one of the actors. This connotation was much harder to figure out but I'd say it's very relaxed and not in a rush to go anywhere. How the genre is reinforced is by the music and the subtle dancing through the streets. What created an enigma until the very end is why he was strolling through the streets of New York with a paint can. How this appealed to a target audience is the music and the titles that were written in red stage like lights. The way technology was is how many low angles there were, eye level angles, a POV, constant tracking, and over the shoulder shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and institutions essay

                Hello everyone, today I will be talking about a wide range of topics that cover audience and institutions. Before I begin,...