Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog

         Hey y’all! I’m back :)
So today we’re going to talk about my filming experience and pretty much what my role was in all of this. So when I got to class I quickly grabbed a sign out sheet so I could sign out the Camera and all the equipment needed. Once that was done, I went to get changed while my partner signed out our hall passes. We got to the track and began setting up, I was the first to begin filming the first take out our commercial. I took about three to four takes just so we have enough options to choose from when editing, then I began acting. Being an actress for a short period of time was actually kind of fun. Being able to just slip into a character was something I’ve always enjoyed and I guess something I’ve always been good at as well, do this was a fun experience for me... even if I was running. Once enough takes of me we’re taken we moved to the center of the soccer/ football field and began dancing. I did a quick recap of the dance before we actually started filming. This time around I was the first to be filmed, letting the cares of preying eyes slip away as the music began. During it all I felt myself become carefree as if I was on the stage performing a show. After doing two takes of me dancing I began to film my partner. Once we had finished all the takes we had walked to do our final scenes. So for this part we didn’t have a camera man we just set the camera up and pressed play, I had walked down the stairs meeting my parter and the bottom and we had walked to class together. In our final scene, we were at the beginning of the hallway and stood back to back showing our Nike gear. The whole filming experience was really fun for me. Being a theatre kid I’m constantly having to slip into different characters based on the scenes. In this commercial, with the first scene I was just a runner running the track. In the second I was a dancer, dancing her heart out being carefree of everyone around. And in the third I had returned to being a regular high school student, trying to stay out of people’s way in the halls. As a cameraman, knowing what looked right and what didn’t gave me a sense of control and leadership, like a director. Telling my partner when to slow down or speed up, do a certain move a certain way. It gave me a sense of directory, not authority. Authority would make it seem as if I felt like the boss, but I never felt that way. I felt like a director who has a strong relationship with her actors. Much like my theatre directors, I have a very strong bond with them and I feel as if I had gotten a small taste of what they experience all the time. Well that’s all for today, I hope you guys enjoyed my experience! See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and institutions essay

                Hello everyone, today I will be talking about a wide range of topics that cover audience and institutions. Before I begin,...